Modern, low carbon, cost effective. Independent schools have to tick many boxes.
Yet they’re often complex historic settings. So how do you go about facilitating the highest quality of teaching?
Bilfinger GVA advises scores of independent schools on building, rates and lease issues. We take a holistic approach to your property requirements – helping to deliver far-reaching results that reduce overheads, improve efficiency and add value.
Here are just some of the ways we can help.
- We’ll look at the space you have and identify opportunities for higher value uses, so you can enhance your teaching facilities without building anything new.
- Since the 2005 rating revaluation, we have helped clients to save over £1.3 billion on their business rates. We can do the same for you.
- Negotiate a better deal on your lease. Landlords want to keep existing tenants happy, so are more prepared to renegotiate more attractive lease terms, rents, or rent free periods.
- Use your property to raise capital. A sale and leaseback agreement will enable you to retain your premises for long term use while raising capital for much needed projects.
- Our dedicated Sustainability team will help you to ensure you’re complying with UK and European energy performance legislation.
This fast-paced sector demands forward thinking and practical know-how.
We work with multiple stakeholders, from universities and developers, to investors, banks and housing associations to deliver a collaborative and strategic approach.
Student accommodation as an asset class has outperformed the wider property sector throughout the recent economic downturn. What’s more, it continues to grow and mature as record numbers of students put pressure on university resources. There’s now a sophisticated range of accommodation available, ranging from traditional halls of residence to purpose-built private sector accommodation and higher education/private sector joint initiatives.
Finding the funding for schemes has become a bigger challenge for developers as banks have tightened their loan-to-value requirements. Yet we’ve explored the positives in the situation by encouraging greater collaboration between universities, developers and banks. Our innovative advice and creative financial modelling solutions continue to be in great demand.
Our holistic range of property-related services includes:
- Development appraisals
- Project management
- Feasibility studies
- Strategic advice
- Financial modelling
- Acquisitions and sales
- Lease advice
- Property management