Type HealthCare, Residential, Residential Land, Care Home, Housing Development
Status Under Offer
Price/Rent Offers invited
Size 3 - 1 acres
(1 - 1 ha)
The site extends to 3.2 acres (1.3ha) and constitutes a vacant possession former care home, Anglesea Heights.
The former care home was previously CQC registered, and accommodated up to 120 residents across five buildings, although these are all now closed.
The C2 & C3 schemes that have been taken to pre application are only indicative options explored to investigate the potential scale of development, other possible uses for the site could include an elderly or specialist care home or education facility subject to planning consent.
The original central Entrance Block building was built c.1836 and is Grade II listed (list-entry/1206298). The building is currently flanked by two contemporary glazed extensions. Surrounding the main central building are four single storey accommodation blocks which were built in c. 1991.
- Attractively located within walking distance of the centre of Ipswich, County Town of Suffolk.
- Site is vacant possession former care home and extends to 3.2 acres (1.3 ha)
- C3 proposed design for 92 residential dwellings comprising a mixture of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and townhouses
- C3 Total GIA - 6,985 sq. m.
- C2 proposed design for 118 extra care units comprising 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
- C2 Total GIA - 9,919 sq. m.
- Grade II listed property centrally located within the site incorporated into both C2 and C3 designs
- C2 & C3 schemes are only indicative options possible other uses could include specialist care and education
- Ipswich is within easy reach of London with Greater Anglia Rail
- For access to the data room please contact GVA
- UNDER OFFER